[CMake] Regarding CMAKE and OSX Mavericks

Theodore St. Shenouda fr.theodore at bigpond.com
Fri Mar 14 09:57:16 EDT 2014

To Whom It May Concern,

I am currently a Student attempting to use OPENGL on OSX Mavericks, however in order to use some of the latest GLFW libraries I require to compile source files to apply them, however when attempting to use CMAKE I get the following error:

CMAKE Version : 3.0.0 rc 1

My current system version.
OS:    OSX 10.9.2
XCODE: 5.0.2

The C compiler identification is unknown
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1 (project):
No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/Users/theodorestshenouda/Desktop/glfw-3.0.4/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/Users/theodorestshenouda/Desktop/glfw-3.0.4/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

gcc version:

Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.2.79) (based on LLVM 3.3svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13.1.0
Thread model: posix

Make version:

GNU Make 3.81
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i386-apple-darwin11.3.0

Kind Regards

Theodore.