[CMake] problems with Visual Studio Express 2013

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Mar 6 13:18:11 EST 2014

On 03/05/2014 06:27 AM, Kris Thielemans wrote:
> We're trying to build an application using ITK on Windows using Visual
> Studio Express 2013 (downloads of all software happened last week, so I
> guess we're up-to-date). Unfortunately, we get a lot of configuration errors
> (see full list below), implying that CMake 2.8.12.2 has problems with this
> compiler.

It is expected to work.

> CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake:311 (file):
>   file STRINGS file "C:/Users/Sarah/Documents/Elective/PETPVC-master/bin/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.2/CompilerIdC/CompilerIdC.exe" cannot be read.

The missing file is supposed to be produced by test-compiling a tiny
project to determine the compiler identification.  The end of the output
says:

> See also "C:/Users/Sarah/Documents/Elective/PETPVC-master/bin/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
> See also "C:/Users/Sarah/Documents/Elective/PETPVC-master/bin/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

These files may have more information about the problem.  One of them
should contain a log of the attempt to build the compiler id project.

-Brad