[CMake] CPack installation directory

Lars laasunde at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 4 08:46:37 EST 2014

> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 15:00:04 +0100
> From: nilsgladitz at gmail.com
> To: laasunde at hotmail.com; cmake at cmake.org
> Subject: Re: [CMake] CPack installation directory
>
> On 02/28/2014 02:29 PM, Lars wrote:
>
> > How can I configure the wix generator to produce a msi which by default
> > install files to c:\tbd ?
>
> This is currently not possible.
>
> You can customize below the architecture specific Program Files
> directory with CPACK_PACKAGE_INSTALL_DIRECTORY but you can not change
> the default root itself.
>
> The NSIS generator seems to support CPACK_NSIS_INSTALL_ROOT for this
> purpose. I can look into supporting an equivalent CPACK_WIX_INSTALL_ROOT
> for WiX.
>
> Nils

Thanks for the feedback.

The original question is derived from a requirement that we need to install some files (a component) using CMake and WIX to the user's home directory.

Our understanding is that this is not possible with the current version of CMake.

What would be a good design for including such a feature into a future version of CMake?

regards, Lars