[CMake] JOM generator does not support toolset option

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 06:57:45 EST 2014

On 03.03.2014 12:22, Robert Bielik wrote:

> I'm trying to use the "NMake Makefiles JOM" generator (CMake
> 2.8.11.2), but it chokes on not supporting the toolset option:
>
> CALL cmake -G"NMake Makefiles JOM"
> -DCMAKE_GENERATOR_TOOLSET:STRING="v110_xp" ...
>
> When will that generator support this ?

On Windows it is only supported when using the Visual Studio >= 10
Generators.
In that context the Toolset is the PlatformToolset which is a feature of
MSBuild.
I don't think that concept is transferable to nmake/jom.

In case of nmake/jom the compiler setup depends on information provided
by the environment.
Which is why cmake has to be run from the compiler command line
environments when using these generators.

There does not seem to be a command line environment for v110_xp
provided by visual studio itself but there are instructions on how to
set one up here (jump to "Targeting from the Command Line"):

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2012/10/08/windows-xp-targeting-with-c-in-visual-studio-2012.aspx

I haven't tested these myself.

Nils