[CMake] Configure separate from generate on the command line

Bartosz bartosz.kosiorek at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 11:50:15 EDT 2014

Hi.

We have a huge project which are using cmake.

To resolve cross dependencies the cmake we are running it in two phases:

1. Configure (only), interrupted by “SEND_ERROR": In that phase
CMakeCache.txt are created and it is used by next phase.

2. Standard cmake run (cache variables are set, so it resolve cross
dependecies)

Because first phase is interrupted by "SEND_ERROR", we need to disable
error output within our run scripts (to avoid problems with Continuous
Integration systems).

Unfortunately it is also hiding real errors/problems, which are appears
during development process. So developers are blind, and unable to find
problems in the first phase.

We tried some workarounds, but I think the best solution is make possible
to configure separate from generate from command line.

Is it possible to implement --configure-only argument?

It was described here:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=13359

The patch are already exists, and work perfectly for me.

It is only need to review, update and push.

Thanks in advance

Bartosz