[CMake] Fails for Solaris

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Wed Jul 16 11:20:14 EDT 2014

Amos,

I just tried on a Sun Blade 1500 running Solaris 10 8/11 with an UltraSPARC
IIIi using SolarisStudio 12.2 and 12.3.  Both were able to configure and
build successfully using both the bootstrap, /path/to/source/bootstrap &&
gmake, and and cmake, cmake /path/to/source && gmake, so it can be done:

CMake 3.0.0, Copyright 2000-2014 Kitware, Inc.
C compiler on this system is: /opt/solarisstudio12.3/bin/suncc
C++ compiler on this system is: /opt/solarisstudio12.3/bin/sunCC
Makefile processor on this system is: gmake
/opt/solarisstudio12.3/bin/sunCC is not GNU compiler
/opt/solarisstudio12.3/bin/sunCC has ANSI for scoping
gmake: `cmake' is up to date.
/export/home/local/KHQ/chuck.atkins/Code/CMake/build/v3.0.0/sunpro_bootstrap/Bootstrap.cmk/InitialCacheFlags.cmake
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to:
/export/home/local/KHQ/chuck.atkins/Code/CMake/build/v3.0.0/sunpro_bootstrap
CMake has bootstrapped.  Now run gmake.

That being said however, this is clearly not working for you.  What
particular versions of compilers and Solaris are you using?  Are you using
the 3.0.0 tarball or are you using a git checkout of a specific hash?

- Chuck