[CMake] Install path for package files

Noah Roberts roberts.noah at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 03:52:57 EDT 2014

So when I make a library that I want to be findable with cmake, I'd like
the cpack system to work such that the module file is installed into the
cmake module search path unless specified otherwise.

I gather I need to create a BlahModule.cmake file that implements the
package finding stuff.  I want to install this wherever cmake will find
it.  I don't want to put it in some place in the system and then expect
dependent CMakeLists.txt files to set that path when using find_package.  I
want find_package to just work unless the user screws with it, and then
assume they know what they're doing.

So what is the variable I use in the install() function for the DESTINATION
parameter to do this?  I assume there must be one...  I can't seem to find
it in the documentation though.

--
http://crazycpp.wordpress.com
http://crazyeddiesbrain.wordpress.com