[CMake] cmake-gui crash in Windows 8.1

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 05:21:57 EDT 2014

I have no problems with any other CMake build just with the vtk wiki
examples. If you get a chance I would appreciate it if you could try a
64-bit build on the examples to see if the same issue happens to you.

Regards
Andrew.

On Jul 9, 2014 7:10 PM, "Klaim - Joël Lamotte" <mjklaim at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 9:50 AM, Andrew Maclean <andrew.amaclean at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi All,
>> Has anyone noticed a problem with CMake 3.0 in Windows?
>>

> I switched recently to CMake 3.0 for my project (uninstalled previous
cmake, installed new cmake, changed cmake scripts version requirement to
3.0)
> I didn't not meet any strange problem so far.
>

>> Using cmake-gui in Windows 8.1 on the VTK Wiki Examples.
>> The compiler is: VS 12 2013 Win64
>

> Same configuration here (Win 8.1 64bit with both 32 and 64bit builds for
vc2013) but I'm not compiling the wiki examples.
> The problem might be related to the example being to old or something
like that?
> Anyway could you point to a specific example so that I can try it?
> Maybe the examples specify a CMake version that triggers the problem in
CMake 3.0 implementation.

>> Configure works Ok, however generate fails with a run-time error when it
has completed about 75% of the generation process - it seems to hang at
this point then crash.
>> The message is:
>> "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more
information."

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ