[CMake] cmake-gui crash in Windows 8.1

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 18:23:02 EDT 2014

HI Brad,

1) I only have Windows 8,1 but, like you, I don't think that is the issue.

2) The VTK version I am using is from the master: SHA1
ID: 6ab475b49b0d3c29742c5fc7edf98767cc9712d5 dated 2014-06-26 09:29:34.
    How do I determine on which particular example it fails? Configure runs
Ok, but Generate fails. A subsequent run with the command line works Ok. So
I am pretty sure it it something in the GUI.

I will check out the latest CMake from the repository, and build it, using
QT 5.3 and see if that works.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Regards
   Andrew

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 1:14 AM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> On 07/04/2014 03:50 AM, Andrew Maclean wrote:
> > Has anyone noticed a problem with CMake 3.0 in Windows?
>
> Have you tested on other versions of Windows other than 8.1?
> I doubt it is dependent on the version of Windows.
>
> > Using cmake-gui in Windows 8.1 on the VTK Wiki Examples.
> > The compiler is: VS 12 2013 Win64
>
> What version of VTK did you build?  Which example from the Wiki fails?
>
> > Configure works Ok, however generate fails with a run-time error when
> > it has completed about 75% of the generation process - it seems to
> > hang at this point then crash.
>
> That sounds like unbounded recursion followed by stack overflow.
> We'll need to reproduce this to debug it of course.
>
> Thanks,
> -Brad

Andrew J. P. Maclean