[CMake] Mixing gcc and icc in the same library with CMake

jerome@bausse.fr jeromebausse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 05:12:29 EST 2014

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project that is partially compiled with icc,
under linux.

Some of our libraries are mixing files compiled with gcc/icc, and I am
wondering what is the best way to do that ?

On what I saw on the internet, if you are fully using icc as compiler, the
best is to change CC to icc, but in our case, we cannot full switch to icc
compilation (licenses are really expensives, and we are more than 100
developpers...)

As a first try, I have defined a new language in CMake (following
recommandation from how to present in sources), and set properties file
language to ICC for those that need it).

Do you think it's a good approach to go on with this ? Do you have another
recommandation ?

--
Jérôme Baussé