[CMake] boostrap error - borked cmConfigure.h [v2.8.12.1]

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jan 10 18:26:14 EST 2014

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 9:42 PM, Szilárd Páll <pszilard at kth.se> wrote:

> Indeed, I did (accidentally) download the .zip package. I was rather
> annoyed that the bootstrap script did not have executable permission
> set, but it did not ring a bell... Thanks guys!
>
> Just for curiosity:
> - what *nix tool does not support CR+LF?

As your error shows they got transported literally from an end of line into
a c++ header. Which part in the build process would need to be fixed I
don't know, I'd start searching where the cmake-2.8 value is supposed to
come from and who generates the numbers.

> - the cross-platform codes I work on use LF newlines but build without
> problem on Windows (msvc, intel, gcc). Why does CMake need two
> separate packages with different newlines?

The problem is not so much the compilers (though there could be older
versions which choke on just lf), but some editors still require crlf for
line breaks (try opening a unix-file with Windows' notepad).

Andreas