[CMake] Cpack NSIS Issue

Stefan Fendt stefan at sfendt.de
Mon Jan 6 17:26:18 EST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to automate the installer generation of one of my projects.
Everything is working fine so far except one thing: One of my test-users
(still using XP) is 'moaning' about not having a start-menu-entry for
the program (but for the uninstaller). Unfortunately I don't have an
instance of Windows XP anymore, so I can't test this myself. And all my
attempts of fixing it "remote" (by reading the comments on the
NSIS-CPack-generator all and all over again) were not successful.

I'm using this in my main CMakeLists.txt for the installer-creation:

> IF( WIN32 )
>     LIST( APPEND CPACK_GENERATOR "NSIS" )
>
>     #Installer-Name / Display-Name
>     SET( CPACK_NSIS_DISPLAY_NAME "BEMfV-4-NEC2" )
>
>     # installer icon .ico
>     SET( CPACK_NSIS_MUI_ICON
> "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/source/gui/main.ico" )
>
>     # Uninstaller icon .ico
>     SET( CPACK_NSIS_MUI_UNIICON
> "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/source/gui/main.ico" )
>
>     # Installer 'brand' bar .bmp
>     SET( CPACK_PACKAGE_ICON
> "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}\\\\source\\\\gui\\\\install.bmp" )
>
>     SET( CPACK_NSIS_URL_INFO_ABOUT "www.darc.de" )
>     SET( CPACK_PACKAGE_VENDOR  "Stefan M. Fendt, DL1SMF" )
>     SET( CPACK_NSIS_CONTACT "stefan at sfendt.de" )
>     SET( CPACK_RESOURCE_FILE_LICENSE
> "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/license.txt" )
>
>     SET( CPACK_NSIS_MODIFY_PATH "ON" )
>
>     #SET( CPACK_NSIS_CREATE_ICONS_EXTRA
>     #SET( CPACK_NSIS_DELETE_ICONS_EXTRA
>
> ELSEIF( UNIX )

Maybe someone can give me a hint, were my error is. The installer should
provide a start-menu-entry on systems having a start-menu as well as a
desktop-icon (which doesn't work either but is of less concern) if the
user requests one.

MTIA, all the best,
Stefan