[CMake] Force configure step to build and install depends before completing.

Jack Smith smith.jack.sidman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 17:54:44 EST 2014

I think I've have an epiphany.

I've been really struggling to understand how to get my build to work, and
it seems the problem is with the configure step of cmake.

I would like to see some mechanism whereby I can delay the completion of
the configure step of a target until the build (and install into an
install-prefix, I suspect) of its dependencies is complete.

I think this would also require some automatic generation of FindXXX.cmake
functionality to find that installed target in install-prefix.

Is that possible ?

As usual, what am I missing if not ?

Thanks,
Jack