[CMake] retrieving and manipulating (Fortran) dependency information

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Feb 3 12:38:11 EST 2014

On 02/03/2014 11:57 AM, Zaak Beekman wrote:
> source file properties OBJECT_DEPENDS and OBJECT_OUTPUTS.
> I have yet to experiment with these, but I am wondering if
> CMake's automatic dependency resolution will populate these

No.  Those properties are for the project to tell CMake something,
not the other way around.  Also CMake's dependency scanning does
not occur until build time, and only with the Makefile generators.

> (I am trying to setup flymake targets for emacs which don't
> (re)compile anything, but rather run the compilers with the
> compile time warning flags and -syntax-only flags. Modules
> and dependency resolution in Fortran is the main impediment
> here and if I can come up with a sane solution I may
> implement it as a CMake module and share it with others.)

That sounds like a challenging problem with Fortran 90 modules
since one must actually compile sources to produce them :(

-Brad