[CMake] xcode generator's use of explicitFileType vs lastKnownFileType

Radu Margarint raduma at raduma.com
Fri Dec 19 13:37:29 EST 2014

I didn't know about includeInIndex, but I just tried it and it does
nothing. To clarify something, the xcode freeze is not a drastic
slowdown at indexing time. It's a complete halt at project open time,
before the UX even those up. XCode is completely unresponsive doing a
ton of [PBXFileReference
_getEffectiveFileType:fileProperties:] until it finishes them all,
then every starts up fine, indexing is fairly quick and etc.

It seems about a year ago the xcode generator switched from
lastKnownFileType to explicitFileType,
(https://gitorious.org/cmake/cmake/commit/5683146) but without a ton
of details as to what was not working when using lastKnownFileType.