[CMake] CMake 3.1 unable to detect AppleClang when cross-compiling for iOS

Gregor Jasny gjasny at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 19 07:51:01 EST 2014

Hello,

On 16/12/14 23:23, Parag Chandra wrote:
> Basically, my colleague gets the following errors when he tries to run CMake on a project that I created:
>
> -- The C compiler identification is unknown
> -- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
> CMake Error in :
>   No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.

The symptom is that building the XCTest binary fails because code
signing for XCTest bundles is mandatory with Xcode 6.1.1 and iOS SDK 8.1.

This is caused by the CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake module which
insists in actually linking something with the compiler used. And with
iOS 8.1 everything the gets linked must be also code signed.

I'm able to configure the attachment of bug 15214 properly if I add the
following line to the CMake invocation:

-DCMAKE_XCODE_ATTRIBUTE_CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY="iPhone Developer"
(I also have a valid signing key in place)

Hope this helps,
Gregor