[CMake] 64 bit build of wxWidgets-2.8.12 is not found

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 08:49:35 EST 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 3:52 AM, Johannes Zarl <johannes.zarl at jku.at> wrote:

> Hello Robert,
>
> I don't have a test-environment handy, but it seems like FindwxWidgets
> checks
> for the vc_x64 library directory prefix, not for vc_amd64:
>
> # /usr/share/cmake-3.0/Modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake:511:
>     if(MINGW)
>       set(WX_LIB_DIR_PREFIX gcc)
>     elseif(CMAKE_CL_64)
>       set(WX_LIB_DIR_PREFIX vc_x64)
>     else()
>       set(WX_LIB_DIR_PREFIX vc)
>     endif()

A quick and dirty fix may be to add an additional prefix such as
"WS_LIB_DIR_PREFIX2 vc_amd64"

and add appropriate lines to the find_path command... It would obviously
fail for the other two conditions because PREFIX2 wouldn't be set but I
think that's a lot easier than trying to add conditionals based on the wx
version discovered.

I technically support the module but I only run Linux so I have no way to
test...

Richard