[CMake] 64 bit build of wxWidgets-2.8.12 is not found

Robert Pollak robert.pollak at jku.at
Mon Dec 15 07:12:22 EST 2014

Hello Johannes!

You wrote:
> I don't have a test-environment handy, but it seems like FindwxWidgets checks
> for the vc_x64 library directory prefix, not for vc_amd64:
>
> # /usr/share/cmake-3.0/Modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake:511:
>     if(MINGW)
>       set(WX_LIB_DIR_PREFIX gcc)
>     elseif(CMAKE_CL_64)
>       set(WX_LIB_DIR_PREFIX vc_x64)
>     else()
>       set(WX_LIB_DIR_PREFIX vc)
>     endif()

Thank you! That's certainly the reason for the problem. It should check
for both variants to find the 2.8.x versions. However, I do not need to
test this any more, because I have switched to wxWidgets 3.0.2 in the
meantime.

> The wxWidgets changelog[1] seems to suggest that "_x64" is the correct name.
> Maybe this is a bug in the wxWidgets installer?

This changelog describes the changes from 2.8.x to 3.0.2, so the
"_amd64" is correct for 2.8.12 and there is no installer bug.

--Robert