[CMake] CMP0043 policy warning

Scott Aron Bloom scott.bloom at onshorecs.com
Thu Dec 11 04:13:26 EST 2014

Im in the process of converting a CMake 2.X project to 3.X.

I cant for the life of me, find a deterministic way to properly SET the policy so I don't get the

  Policy CMP0043 is not set: Ignore COMPILE_DEFINITIONS_<Config> properties.
  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0043" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy
  command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

Should it be in each individual CMakeList.txt file?  Or just the top one?

to be honest, on my companies main project, I finally got it fixed, by putting it just about everywhere, but this is very frustrating.

Scott