[CMake] CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT being ignored with frameworks in /Library/Frameworks

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 19:12:12 EDT 2014

I have CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT defined as something:

set(CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT
"/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk"
CACHE LIST "OSX sysroot SDK directory" FORCE)

Then later I do a find_library command and it finds a library framework in
/Library/Frameworks/mylib.framework

The cache entry for mylib has the full path to the library, but later
during linking it removes the full path and instead uses the name directly:

-framework mylib

Unfortunately, because the -isysroot command is invoked the linker no
longer looks in the standard locations.  I have to use -F
/Library/Frameworks -framework mylib.  I can't even use -framework
/Library/Frameworks/mylib.framework

Is there something I can do to make it work right?

Thanks,
James