[CMake] List CMake source files for external use

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Wed Sep 25 14:19:06 EDT 2013

I'm not clear what you are trying to do.

Are you generating a list of files to compile at configuration time, or at
build time?

CMake can two things:

1. Configure a file list at configure time.
2. Run a cmake script at build time.

But you can't generate a file list at build time.  At build time, your
build system is in charge and knows absolutely nothing about CMake or
CMake library file lists.

In the particular case of Qt, there are a bunch of macros that handle
interacting with Qt's unique way of handling files. It sets up
dependencies on Qt-generated files, and inserts recipies for building the
generated files in the target build system's recipes.

If I knew what you were actually trying to do I could make suggestions.
Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu