[CMake] rpath trouble on macosx: cmake 2.8.9 ignores INSTALL_NAME_DIR and INSTALL_RPATH?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Sep 10 14:04:45 EDT 2013

I had thought, from reading
http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/510
and the doc, that the only thing being added in 2.8.12 was
the MACOSX_RPATH variable.

I guess this is a documentation failure, and/or an example
of cmake's tendancy to accept and ignore garbage input.

cmake, bless its useful little soul, remains an inscrutable tool.
Making tiny minimal examples remains the only way to learn what works;
the doc is only a vague guide.

OK, now I'll go back to inserting explicit rpath stuff the old way.
Maybe I can use the shiny new stuff in a month or two.