[CMake] How to install files produced by custom targets

Lucas Soltic lucas.soltic at orange.fr
Fri Sep 6 05:44:30 EDT 2013

Hello,

Considering that I have a custom target that outputs some libraries and these libraries were built using configure+make. The custom library is based on autotools. Configure + make are executed by a custom command in the custom target.

Is it possible to add a CMake install rule that will execute 'make install' on my custom library? So that the install process is automatically handled.

I'm asking that because at the moment I'm finding very hard to install a custom library only with classical CMake install rules, because I cannot know in advance the names of all the outputs because they have suffixes depending on the library version. And I would prefer to avoid hardcoding these versions, so that I can easily update my library.

Regards,
Lucas