[CMake] Xcode iOS build

Pierre Aufrère paufrere at koalabs-studio.com
Thu Sep 5 11:19:48 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to use CMake to configure Xcode to build for iOS. So far, i've managed to do all the necessary configuration and the compilation is successful. Unfortunately, I can't launch on the simulator, when i launch, Xcode just stops running the app, and the simulator is crashed, I then have to manually delete the app from the finder so the simulator can launch again.

I thought it might be a problem of the path to which i compile (all variable CMAKE_<BINARY_TYPE>_OUTPUT_DIR are set in my CMakeLists). So I removed all the command regarding the output path, the issue then became that Xcode was trying to find the static libs to link in <OUTPUT_DIR>/Debug and Xcode generates in <OUTPUT_DIR>/Debug-iphoneos. I tried to fix this particular issue, without success so far. Any idea about what I should do ?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to compile with the first method mentioned, since it's the one that seems to be closer to be completed.

Does someone have an idea of where the problem comes from ?

Thanks

--
Pierre Aufrère
Développeur