[CMake] assembler with non standard extension with gcc compiler

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Oct 31 18:57:48 EDT 2013

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 22:08:27 +0100
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it> wrote:

[snip]

> The only difference I can spot is that others contains global symbols
> that are referenced in C files[1] or in the linker options[2] while
> the only one that doesn't get compiled and linked contains symbols
> that are referenced just in another ASM file[3].

[snip]

> My guess is that cmake understand the dependency between a C file or
> a linker option and an asm file but it doesn't understand the
> dependency between an asm file and another asm file.

Adding an explicit dependency[1] made cmake compile the missing asm file
but I haven't been able to force linking with the main executable.

[1]
add_dependencies(asm1 asm2)
where asm1 contains symbols defined in asm2 but asm2 didn't get
compiled.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it