[CMake] Proper way to export a library

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Oct 31 16:26:44 EDT 2013

On 31 October 2013 20:21, Hendrik Sattler <post at hendrik-sattler.de> wrote:

> Giordano Khouri <kgiordano at nikon.net> schrieb:
>>I am a firm believer that static libraries should have hidden
>>visibility. This is based on my experience on the Mac and may be
>>different in Linux.
>
> This is about Windows, not Linux or Mac. Linking libraries works a bit different there.

BTW, the original question in this thread was about exporting libraries
as targets in the CMake configuration.
Suddenly, the thread has switched to completely unrelated and messy topic on
Microsoft-specific storage-class attributes dllexport and dllimport.

IMO, OP should split the threads for sake of the list usability.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net