[CMake] cmake-2.8.12: generator expression error when linker flags have comma

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Sun Oct 20 16:34:31 EDT 2013

>> I just upgraded from cmake-2.8.11.2 to 2.8.12 and now get errors
when a
>> comma ',' appears in a linker flag.  Test case below.  Note that
this is
>> but one of many reasons for a comma to appear in linker flags.

> Remember that the way to avoid bugs like this in the release is to
test a
> release candidate.

Nice to see that you've added something to the test suite to prevent
this same problem from being re-introduced during future development.
:-)

One question about the test, though: are those linker flags simply
ignored by non-gcc compilers? I don't see anything in the CMakeLists
file for the test that determines whether the linker interprets
-Wl,--start-group etc. properly...?

Thx,