[CMake] multi core project

Arne Pagel arne at pagelnet.de
Tue Nov 19 13:31:18 EST 2013

Dear all,

I just tried to use the ExternalProject_Add for this multicore project, having different separate
camke projects for each core

Now I have 2 Problems:

1.)
with the ExternalProject_Add and a given source dir it seams that my external projects are not
rebuild if I made some changes there. Is there some nice way to rebuild the exeternal project all
the time?

This is how I call the External Project now:

ExternalProject_Add(
   CORE0

   SOURCE_DIR ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/core0

   CMAKE_ARGS -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/MyToolChain.cmake

   UPDATE_COMMAND ""
   INSTALL_COMMAND ""
)

2.)
Since there is some code generation involved which produces a number of randomly named c files I
have to use a globbing function to get all source files.
This inherits, that before each build, I have to call "make rebuild_cache", in order to scan for
these new C files. (Is ther maybe a smarter way to do this?)
So I have to include also this step within the build, I tried ExternalProject_Add_Step, but so far I
couldn't get it running make in the <binary> dir.

Any suggestion for me?