[CMake] [cmake-developers] Forwarding parameters to cmake through cmake-gui

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Tue Nov 5 09:09:00 EST 2013

> Would it makes sense to have cmake-gui behaving
> like ccmake ? After all there are both "UI".
>
> It would accept the same set of options:
>
>   -C <initial-cache>
>   -U <globbing_expr>
>   -G <generator-name>
>  -T <toolset-name>

It would appear that ccmake is behaving incorrectly with respect to -D
processing... http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=14538

So I think avoiding the phrase "like ccmake" in this discussion would
be a good thing.

I do agree that ccmake and cmake-gui should behave the same with
respect to these command line parameters. But I think ccmake is not the
good example that we would want it to be...

David C.