[CMake] flymake

Izaak Beekman ibeekman at umiacs.umd.edu
Tue May 21 09:37:05 EDT 2013

Hi,
A number of compilers have some options to do syntax checking, as well as
produce warnings about questionable constructs. Does anyone know a good way
to create phony targets based on the normal targets? e.g. in the compile
step you pass flags like -warn -syntax-only and skip the linking step, as
well as object file dependency checking. Note that I am using Fortran here,
so the dependency graph still needs to be considered for the .mod files,
which will be produced when -syntax-only is passed, but the object files
will not be. It would be great if there was a way to do this, so that I
could use flymake-mode in Emacs AND not have to completely build my
project every time I save a source code file. (See for example,
emacs-cmake-project <https://github.com/alamaison/emacs-cmake-project> on
github.)

Thanks,
Izaak Beekman