[CMake] Status/use of CMake on Cygwin

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon May 20 06:31:25 EDT 2013

On Monday 20 May 2013, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> On 2013-05-19 21:06-0000 David Cole wrote:
> > Disclaimer: I have found (over the years) the Cygwin environment to
>
> be ridiculously, enormously slow and frustrating, and have literally
> completely given up on it as a realistic development environment. I
> personally do not use it or install it, EVER. It’s probably been 3-4
> years since I had one of my machines that had any form of Cygwin on
> it.
>
> Hi David (off list again but this time with CC to Bill):

> I am thinking of implementing this idea using the Python-based jhbuild
> package (developed originally to organize builds of the many different
> gtk-associated software packages on Linux and Windows) since I have
> some experience using jhbuild and thought it was a well-designed tool
> to help users build software packages.  But obviously another
> alternative for this job would be an overall CMakeLists.txt file.

The kde-on-windows team is maintaining a python script called "emerge" (yes,
the same name as under Gentoo, but it is not related to it) to build a whole
bunch of packages, including downloading them, etc.
Maybe you can have a look at that too, and see whether this could also be
something which could be extended ?
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Windows/emerge

Alex