[CMake] Usage of export(PACKAGE ...)

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Thu Mar 28 17:18:24 EDT 2013

If <PROJECT_NAME>_DIR is given and has a correct value, it is a bug if
find_package finds the project anywhere else. Whether that's generally
true or not, I sort of doubt it. It probably depends on the project
itself, and the find and/or config files involved.

I second Stephen's request for steps to reproduce.

If it's true, it's a bug that should be fixed, not something where we
should deprecate export(PACKAGE or add warnings...

Just my opinion,
David C.