[CMake] Conversion Wizard for VS 2010?

Zamir Khan zamir.khan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 11:18:13 EDT 2013

I upgraded, but no luck. Fortunately, I figured it out and it was fairly
simple (I really should have thought of this before posting to the mailing
list!).

I decided to go through with the conversion to see what VS 2010 was having
problems with. It turns out that only one of the projects required
conversion. This project is actually a .csproj file that is dynamically
generated from a custom template during the CMake step (using all sorts of
variable inputs) to have it use the correct dependencies (x64/x86) at build
time.

There were a few tags in the .csproj that needed to be set to different
values depending on the version of Visual Studio, mostly to do with the move
from .NET/msbuild 3.5 to 4.0.

For anyone else that runs into this, the tags I had to change were (where
CMAKE_TOOLS_VERSION is 3.5 for VS2008 and 4.0 for VS2010):
<Project ToolsVersion=&quot;${CMAKE_TOOLS_VERSION}&quot; ...
.
.
&lt;TargetFrameworkVersion>v${CMAKE_TOOLS_VERSION}</TargetFrameworkVersion>
.
.
.
<Reference Include="System.Core">
  <RequiredTargetFramework>${CMAKE_TOOLS_VERSION}</RequiredTargetFramework>
</Reference>

Hope this helps someone else!