[CMake] CPack RPM with COMPONENTS packaging

Theodore Papadopoulo Theodore.Papadopoulo at inria.fr
Tue Mar 19 10:44:35 EDT 2013

	Hi,

I cannot manage to make COMPONENT packaging with RPM to work.
I clearly see that the CPackRPM.cmake module contains stuff to do so,
but I cannot manage to make it work at all.

Even the ComponentExampleStart that is given on some of CMake wiki
page does not work for me and always generates a single package. Am I
missing something ?

If the support is not yet here, what is the best path to obtain this.
I can easily provide a spec file, but I would at least wish that the
files corresponding to the components be configured. How can I get them.

And I cannot even see a clean way to provide CPackRPM with my own
template.

Any help will be appreciated.

	Theo.

rangiroa-> cpack -G RPM -V
CPack: Enable Verbose
CPack Verbose: Read CPack config file:
CPack Verbose: Read CPack configuration file:
/tmp/ComponentExampleStart/build/CPackConfig.cmake
CPack Verbose: Specified generator: RPM
CPack Verbose: Use generator: cmCPackRPMGenerator
CPack Verbose: For project: MyLib
CPack: Create package using RPM
CPack Verbose: Read description file:
/usr/share/cmake/Templates/CPack.GenericDescription.txt
CPack Verbose: [RPM] requested component grouping = ONE_PER_GROUP
CPack Verbose: Remove toplevel directory:
/tmp/ComponentExampleStart/build/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM
CPack: Install projects
CPack: - Run preinstall target for: MyLib
CPack: - Install project: MyLib
CPack Verbose: Install configuration: ""
CPack Verbose: Installing:
/tmp/ComponentExampleStart/build/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/MyLib-1.0.0-Linux/usr/lib/libmylib.a
CPack Verbose: Installing:
/tmp/ComponentExampleStart/build/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/MyLib-1.0.0-Linux/usr/bin/mylibapp
CPack Verbose: Installing:
/tmp/ComponentExampleStart/build/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/MyLib-1.0.0-Linux/usr/include/mylib.h
CPack: Create package
CPack Verbose: Package files to:
/tmp/ComponentExampleStart/build/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/MyLib-1.0.0-Linux.rpm
CPackRPM: Will use GENERATED spec file:
/tmp/ComponentExampleStart/build/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/SPECS/mylib.spec
CPack Verbose: Copying final package(s) [1]:
CPack: - package:
/tmp/ComponentExampleStart/build/MyLib-1.0.0-Linux.rpm generated.