[CMake] cmake for cygwin at 64bit

marco atzeri marco.atzeri at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 11:08:29 EDT 2013

On 3/15/2013 5:14 PM, marco atzeri wrote:
> On 3/15/2013 4:41 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
>> On 3/15/2013 11:31 AM, marco atzeri wrote:
>>> ok, found.
>>> I do not need to malloc the space for the win32_path
>>> assigning again the pointer does not work.
>>>
>>> Next step, to check if no other issues on 64bit
>> Yes, that would do it...   If you allocate new memory then the
>> information never gets passed back to the caller... :)
>>
>> -Bill
>>

> copy and past code, sometimes, does not work.
> attached the patch to remove cygwin_conv_to_win32_path.
>
> First bootstrap on cygwin64 works,
> still running the rest of the build.
>
> Marco

Hi Bill,
my trial builds but does not pass all tests and fails on source
packaging ; I guess for a mismatch in path length capability
between the two solutions.

The solution implemented by Yaakov, to completely remove
the path conversion posix/win32 as reported on

http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/cmake;a=tree

works on both 32bit and 64bit cygwin platform

Regards
Marco