[CMake] Toolchain file: Texas Instrument C6000 Code Generation Tools

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Mar 14 17:06:25 EDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 8:57 PM, Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
> wrote:

> On Thursday 14 March 2013, Robert Maynard wrote:
> > I am sorry I was incorrect. The changes made to close bug 12405 are going
> > to be in RC1. These new changes aren't going to make RC1 but should be in
> > RC2 if we need one.
>
> I merged TI_DSP_to_TI_2 into next.
> It would be great if this could still make it into 2.8.11, since it changes
> the name of a still unreleased toolchain.
> Once this has been released, the name will have to be kept for
> compatibility
> reasons.

I personally agree even if I do not know where it would be visible for the
end user (i.e. my using a toolchain file).

IMO, TI_DSP* is wrong because it whispers that it is a separate DSP
toolchain, and it is not. That is why I suggested TI_*. Hence, I would
either release it with the proper term, or postpone to 2.8.12.

Laszlo