[CMake] FInd threads - iOS

Sergei Nikulov sergey.nikulov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 15:08:22 EDT 2013

2013/3/14 Casey Basichis <caseybasichis at gmail.com>

> Sorry about that last post - in a one two punch half of the email got
> selected, deleted and then sent
>
> I've cross compiled several libraries using
> -DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES="i386;armv7" ../
>
> I tried compiling with the toolchain and also with the SOCI scripts I
> posted earlier.  The command line flags were pulled from the script.
>
> On the SOCI mailing list they directed me to this, that suggests the
> Threading may have been a problem on iOS.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/a/14198386/151641
>
> Can i just download pthread.h and point to it some how?  I am very new to
> cmake.

No. This will not work either.
As I understand from SO answer you've just pointed, ios tool-chain should
have workaround for your problem, by disabling TRY_COMPILE
Just download it from http://code.google.com/p/ios-cmake/
and run

cmake <path to soci source> -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=<path to ios.cmake>
-GXcode -DWITH_BOOST=OFF

But I'm not sure that build system will find any database libraries for
ios. Perhaps sqlite?

--
Best Regards,
Sergei Nikulov