[CMake] Error when upgraded to 2.8.7 from 2.8.1

newuserhere rohitsubscribe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 12:40:57 EDT 2013

Hi,
I am getting an error in CMAKE configuration after it was updated to 2.8.7.
The line to which error is pointed :
/find_package(PythonInterp)/

Well the error is as follows :

/CMake Warning (dev) at
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:86
(INCLUDE):
  File /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake
  includes
   cmake/modules/CMakeParseArguments.cmake (found
  via CMAKE_MODULE_PATH) which shadows
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeParseArguments.cmake.  This may cause
  errors later on .

  Policy CMP0017 is not set: Prefer files from the CMake module directory
  when including from there.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0017" for policy
  details.  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this
  warning.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPythonInterp.cmake:63 (include)
  sym/CMakeLists.txt:54 (find_package)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:169
(MESSAGE):
  No REQUIRED_VARS specified for FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS()
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPythonInterp.cmake:64
(FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  sym/CMakeLists.txt:54 (find_package)
/

Could someone help me in finding out how to solve the error.

Thanks and Regards
Rohit