[CMake] Toolchain file: Texas Instrument C6000 Code Generation Tools

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Mar 14 05:09:05 EDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Florian Reinhard <
florian.reinhard at googlemail.com> wrote:

> If ARM and DSP toolchain are commandline compatible, there could be an
> option to specify the architecture, like C6000 (DSP core in OMAP
> processors), C2000, C6400 which map to the correct
> compiler/linker/archiver/strip names.

1) Of course, TI for sure shares the language parser among the toolchains,
so do they with the interface. It would not make too much sense otherwise.
I bet it is only a historical issue why they do not use their binaries with
the same names. Note that, they already migrated from cl470.exe to
armcl.exe to be more generic across ARM cores. One step ahead could be that
they even merge that with the DSP toolchain binaries in the future with a
relevant target option, or perhaps not. It is not a biggie after all.

2) I am not sure an option is a good idea. In fact, you need to specify the
compiler executable (path) in your toolchain file, and once you specify
that, the other executables match the naming schema quite well to be
logical what their name would be.

Laszlo