[CMake] cmake-gui: compile when I hit the generate button

ChristophK christoph at kobenetz.de
Sat Mar 9 10:08:15 EST 2013

Hi,
I'm new to the list and cmake - my name is Christoph.

I want to develop an application and make it as simple as possible to
use it, including the build process.

I know that CMake is a program to generate Makefiles, but is it also
possible in an easy way to start the build itself from the cmake-gui?
(I'm using windows 7). Othewise I need to open a console, change the
directory, type in the commad "mingw32-make ../src". But CMake knows
about the make-command, so why not use it from the gui?

After trying "add_custom_command" I figured out it works during the
build-process, not the cmake-generation. Also "try_compile" does not
seem to be what I'm looking for as it only compiles a single file ...

Please help
Christoph