[CMake] find_package( Boost ${BOOST_MIN_VERSION} REQUIRED is ignored....

Witold E Wolski wewolski at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 11:00:55 EST 2013

The story actually starts with an compile error:

 undefined reference to `boost::filesystem3::path::stem() const'

which I do not understand. I am developing on ubuntu 12.04 with boost
1.46 and 1.48 installed.

AFAIK filesystem V3 is the default since boost 1.45.

My cmakelists.txt file contains something on these lines

find_package( Boost COMPONENTS filesystem system iostreams thread
regex program_options)

if(Boost_FOUND)

  SET(inc ${inc} ${Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS})

  SET( ${boostlib} ${Boost_LIBRARIES})

else()

 message(STATUS ">>>>> Couldn't find Boost <<<<< ")

endif()

message( STATUS ">>>> ${Boost_LIBRARIES} <<<<" )

to my target I am adding

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(premtest ${QT_LIBRARIES} ${Boost_LIBRARIES}

I searched the so file for the stem symbol and did not found them so
no I want to build boost myself and somehow tell my project that it
should look for the proper version by doing this:

SET(BOOST_MIN_VERSION "1.53.0")

find_package( Boost ${BOOST_MIN_VERSION} REQUIRED COMPONENTS date_time
filesystem system program_options)

However this info is ignored and this is what the boost cmake script finds.

/usr/lib/libboost_filesystem-mt.so;/usr/lib/libboost_system-mt.so;/usr/lib/libboost_iostreams-mt.so;/usr/lib/libboost_thread-mt.so;

any help higly appreciated.

regards

--
Witold Eryk Wolski