[CMake] add_target_properties( tgt COMPILE_FLAGS_${CONF} "abc" )

Leek, Jim leek2 at llnl.gov
Tue Jun 25 18:39:53 EDT 2013

I was just messing around with this yesterday.  On minGW I had to pass the link flag  -static-libgcc to my binary.  There were two ways to do this:

1) To add a flag to all link lines:
Shared Libraries:

SET (CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS  "abc"
     CACHE STRING "Flags used by the linker during the creation of dll's.")

module linker flags:
SET (CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS "abc"
     CACHE STRING "Flags used by the linker during the creation of modules.")

binary linker flags:
SET (CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS "abc"
     CACHE STRING "Flags used by the linker during the creation of binaries.")

2) To add a flag to just a single target:
SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES( <target name>
  PROPERTIES
  LINK_FLAGS "abc")

If just used if statement to decide if how the link flags should be set.  There may be a better way to do that.

To see how to do configuration based compile flags, see this page:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Useful_Variables

I added a TESTING build type, and all I had to do was define these variables:
SET(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_TESTING "-mfpmath=sse -msse2")
SET(CMAKE_C_FLAGS_TESTING "-mfpmath=sse -msse2")
SET(CMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS_TESTING "-mfpmath=sse -msse2")