[CMake] /usr/lib/path/to/libmyfancylib.a -> -Wl, -Bstatic -lmyfancylb -Wl, -Bdynamic

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 15:52:16 EDT 2013

> It explains, why the library names are cutted,

Why? Everything that can be found automatically by the compiler is
transformed from

/path/to/libmylib.a

(-Wl,-Bstatic) -lmylib (-Wl,-Bdynamic)
?
That's what I would like to avoid (the -Wl add-ons anyway).

About "choosing" static vs. dynamic, I found
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#prop_tgt:LINK_SEARCH_END_STATIC
--
no idea if this is still up-to-date. It doesn't help me much anyways since
this is a fixed property of the target.

--Nico