[CMake] /usr/lib/path/to/libmyfancylib.a -> -Wl, -Bstatic -lmyfancylb -Wl, -Bdynamic

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 11:49:10 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a static link with CMake 2.8.10.2. A bunch of
FIND_PACKAGE()s are called, and they all find the correct static libraries
with their full path. They are all put in a list, then I call

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(${MYTARGET} ${LINK_LIST})

Instead of taking the libraries by their full pathname, e.g.,

/usr/lib/path/to/libmyfancylib.a

CMake produces something like

-Wl,-Bstatic -lmyfancylb -Wl,-Bdynamic.

I understand that this causes all following libraries to be loaded as
dynamic libraries (if the two versions exist). This is obviously not what I
want.

Any hints on what might be going wrong here? Fixes/workarounds?

Cheers,
Nico