[CMake] CMAKE set linker variables (including custom linker script)

Martin Osterloh Martin.Osterloh at dartmouth.edu
Thu Jun 20 15:57:56 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am currently migrating my project to CMAKE and so far it has been going quite well. I am using the standard "ld" as a linker with options -N -S -q -T <path-to-linkerscript.ld>

In my CMakeLists.txt I do:
Set(CMAKE_C_LINK_EXECUTABLE "ld -N -S -q -T <path-to-linkerscript.ld>")

This seems to invoke the correct linker script. However, it also fails to produce any binaries! No compilation or linker errors (even with --verbose).
The code compiles fine and produces executables without setting this variable.

I am puzzled how to pass the linker options to CMAKE. Could anyone please point out why - once the CMAKE_C_LINKER_EXECUTABLE variable is set - no binaries are being built?

I am working with the latest version 2.8.11.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
Martin