[CMake] Problem after using and then removing CMAKE_GENERATOR_TOOLSET

Zamir Khan zamir.khan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 16:55:59 EDT 2013

This is pretty weird. Please, bear with me. I'm hoping I've missed something
obvious, because this is puzzling me.

I was experimenting with the CMAKE_GENERATOR_TOOLSET variable in one of my
files, using it to set the toolset to "v90" for a VS2010 project. After
trying it out, I wanted to remove it go back to what I had without using
that variable. So I deleted the lines where I set that variable from my
CMakeLists.txt and re-configured and re-generated. I noticed that my toolset
was still being set to v90 in all my projects. After trying a bunch of
things, I even tried blowing away the binary directory, deleting the cache,
etc. and working from scratch, but whenever I generate, I get the following
warning at the end:

CMake Warning:
  Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

    CMAKE_GENERATOR_TOOLSET

.. and the toolset is still set to v90 for all of my projects. I have
searched all of my CMakeLists.txt for any reference to
CMAKE_GENERATOR_TOOLSET and there are none (which makes sense because I only
added one and deleted it shortly after).

How is this problem persisting after deleting the cache?! Thanks in advance.