[CMake] ExternalData in sources

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jun 13 08:31:35 EDT 2013

On 06/13/2013 06:13 AM, Simon Rit wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your answer. I don't think I follow you. The real file
> would be downloaded in the directory ExternalData_OBJECT_STORES that
> would stay in the binary directory. But I want a link in my source
> directory to the downloaded file.

On Windows it is not a symlink but a copy.  Either way the link
or copy could be picked up by ExternalData_LINK_CONTENT when
CMake runs and assumed to be a manually-placed new copy of the
original file.  At that point it will get renamed to
".ExternalData_$algo_$hash" again.

If you write the .md5 (content link) files by hand then you
do not need to enable ExternalData_LINK_CONTENT and can do what
you want.

-Brad