[CMake] Something amiss from RPATH

Vittorio Giovara vittorio.giovara at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 05:53:45 EDT 2013

Hi,
I've been following the guide
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_RPATH_handlingfor using my libraries
with my executable on Unix, but even with any
combination of them doesn't change the final result:

anexe: error while loading shared libraries: libaname.so.1: cannot open

This is running it both installed and in the build tree, even objdump -x
anexe|grep RPATH doesn't report anything. The only way I found to make this
work is to manually set LINK_FLAGS for each target and set -Wl,-rpath,...

What is going on? Why do all variables seem to be ignored?
I'm using cmake 2.8.10 on ubuntu 12.04 32 bit.
Vittorio