[CMake] Re: Complicated dependency handling between linux & windows

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Mon Jun 10 13:30:54 EDT 2013

> That's more philosophical advice than practical.

Hence the smiley face. Although, in reality it’s practical, too.

> It's unfortunately impossible sometimes to eliminate

> dependencies.

I understand that.

> This is one area CMake
> should handle well.

> I'm a bit surprised that this is so difficult.

I’m sure ideas on how to “handle it well” would be welcome for discussion here. It’s a difficult task, especially when the source code is not available for some of your dependencies. And when the binary distributions that are available might have some mismatch for the compiler you’re using.

It’s a huge problem, with no easy solution in sight.