[CMake] enable_languague broken?!

Marcel Loose loose at astron.nl
Fri Jun 7 11:20:11 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Right after I sent my previous mail "enable_language(... OPTIONAL)
broken?", I noticed that I even get the same results without OPTIONAL. I
do get an error message, but the output is plain wrong IMHO.

CMake Error: your Fortran compiler: "/usr/bin/f95" was not found.
Please set CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER = /usr/bin/f95
CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER_WORKS = TRUE

How on earth can COMPILER_WORKS be TRUE is the compiler was not found?!
I think this is a serious regression introduced with CMake 2.8.10.

Best regards,
Marcel Loose.